Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Fish Pond .....



The Fish Pond
..... several years ago I had dug out the fishpond and had used a black vinyl pool liner to hold water in it. It had been neglected in the last few months and had gone down to half level as I had bucketed out water to water some far off new trees out in the paddock. The water had gone green with algae and had become an eyesore rather than an asset to the garden.

In September this year, I siphoned the remaining water down into the lower garden. I washed and scrubbed out the liner and pond with clean water. I then filled the pond back up with clean water. The water is clean and fills the pond nearly up to the stone rim. The water gives a wonderful restful quality to the garden. Our next project is to get a local blue flowered water lily growing and flowering in a pot along with some goldfish.

___________________________






























































No comments: